Friday, February 17, 2012

Worse than a kid waiting for Christmas

This week was terribly long and slow in many ways. I'm looking forward to March 1 like a child eagerly awaits Christmas.

Word of my upcoming departure is getting around. I don't know what is being said. At the same time, people are asking me what I can say, and the truth is, I don't know.

All I know is that when the axe came down, I was warned that perspective employers - and previous employers - look at social media. I know that they sent out a press release without names. I know that a couple of clients have asked about the situation.

Knowing the history of when other people left of their own accord and put a friendly, positive, "I'm no longer here, but XXX will take care of you. I enjoyed working with you..." as an away message and how the powers that be freaked - they would not want me broadcasting my departure.

Well, you know what, that's really their problem. Even this week, one of the powers had me resend a pitch coming from me rather than her. Do they plan to use my name when I'm gone? I'm pretty sure that belongs to me.

Do I really not get to tell people that I've worked with for 10 years that I am gone? Am I supposed to just disappear?

They're acting like I've done something wrong or put them in a bind. And of course, in the mean time, I'm still having to do the same work load I have been.

And then THE boss who said she had a lead for me last Friday right after the boom was lowered said something one day like, "let me know if you want that information..." She should email it to me. She should give it to me. If she was sincere in her sorrow about the situation, I shouldn't have to ask for it.

Eight more work days. I can do this. Eight more work days.

No comments:

Post a Comment