Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The final countdown

Since I will only be working part of the day tomorrow, I feverishly had to get some stuff to Christi for her last morning and worked myself into a bad mood by working late.

It's possibly just hormonal. Scratch that. It is probably all hormonal, but I got emotional today. Mainly because I do not want to be taken out to lunch tomorrow.

"Donald Trump" emailed us that he was coming into town for our last day with the company and hoped that we would allow him to take us out to lunch in feeble attempt to show his appreciation for our time with the company.

His words.

I'm not questioning his sincerity. However, I do NOT want to be taken out for lunch tomorrow.

Let me emphasize this point: I am not mad.

The last 2-3 weeks of my life have been very awkward. Very uncomfortable. Very frustrating. For my own mental well being, I do not want to spend an extremely uncomfortable hour at a final lunch.

Jenny and Rakia told me I should call in. If it weren't for my stupid, responsible conscience that left a few emails in my inbox and some drafts in a folder, I would.

Yes, I know I need counseling for that problem. I might go except for the fact that my counselor will not respond to me. That's what I have anger issues about. I've not called his office to talk to a receptionist or anything. That's because without having a job, I do not want to rack up counseling bills. I think that he should be able to respond to a text or an email if for no other reason than we were friends before I had to seek job mandated attitude adjustments. And I was actually offering my expertise to help him out with some PR work. As a courtesy, I should have heard something back.

Of course, I was also supposed to be a part of the organization's business plan as a staff person at some point. I think they hired his sister instead. (Lots of nepotism going on evidently...) Come to think of it, I haven't heard from them minus one text message and maybe an email in a year and a half. I can take that hint, but I think it's rude and unprofessional.

Sorry, I'm in a rant mood which I really haven't been a lot lately, honestly. At least compared to normal.

That is all. I'm going back to finish off watching LL Cool J from the DVR that was on earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment