Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The lame duck

It's going to be strange a week from tonight. That's my official last day at my current job. I completely understand the meaning of a lame duck. I feel like one.

For a very small company, we've always had a lot of chiefs, and not many Indians. At one time, I think we had a president and 4 vice presidents. And maybe 10 employees. Anyway. Donald Trump, the lone male of the company instant messages me today.

"you there?"

"yes"

"can I call?"

"yes"

I feel snarky these days. OK. Snarkier than usual.

I answer the phone (since we have caller ID), "and what would you have done if I said no?"

"I don't know, but I can tell I'm really going to miss you already."

"Yeah, I don't really know what I'm supposed to say to that."

At least he recognizes. At least he's starting to take over some of my work.

So, in other news, I just logged in here at home and the ultimate boss is finally following me on Twitter. All things considered, I find that just plain out strange. It's kind of about time. Can I block people on Twitter? Aha! You can. Done!

I'm really not bitter. I know you must think I'm bitter. I'm just ready to cut ties. I'm ready to move on. It's just little ways I can be in control.

Here's my problem of the day actually. Someone gave me a lead on a job opening at the local college. Among the items required for this application are college transcripts. When is the last time you had to local your college transcripts? I'm going to go with when I applied to get into a program for my emergency teacher's certification in the fall of 2001.

I did stop typing this blog a few minutes ago to try to locate them. I did find my UNT one separate and apart from my Navarro College one. The UNT has no logo or anything on it and looks like I could have typed it up myself. The Navarro College one was copied out at the college on an old copying machine.

The good news is that you don't have to have the official ones unless you are hired. I'm still contemplating getting the official ones, but it's not as easy as sending an email, so I need to work on that this coming weekend too. What I have looks pretty sad quite honestly, and I bet once I scan and put into a PDF, they will look worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment