Friday, August 28, 2009

Thanking Misha for a great idea

I was trying to figure out what my weekend distraction was going to be this week. All I knew for sure is that it would involve sleeping late, watching the Food Network (my new Saturday routine) and NOT do work. I'm still trying to unwind from getting wound up there earlier today.

I'm really frustrated, and when I get like that, I know I need to journal. I just don't want to though.

Misha and I are chatting on Facebook right now - between our other multi-tasking - and she had used some of my lessons plans from the "Teaching Children Art" class that I took back in college. She used a line exercise and said that next lesson was expanding that to lines that express emotions.

I told her I would have some jagged, not pretty lines if I was doing that exercise right now.

She suggested that I paint tomorrow and be expressive that way.

I'm not actually a painter, but I should get out the colored or graphite pencils and draw. I haven't done that in forever. I was thinking about it the other day in passing, but I am kind of calming down just thinking about it.

I plan to get a chunk of this South Dakota scrapbook fiasco that is taking up my dining area done. It hasn't been relaxing - it's become stressful. I just want it done.

I'd like to go somewhere and take my camera, but not do a scrapbook as an end result. I need to let my creative side out for a walk.

So I think that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. Thanks Misha - I needed inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment