Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Funny - or not so funny stories

First of all, I will share a funny, yet politically incorrect story. I finally got to see my neices this weekend. I had not seen them for several weeks since their mother has had them what seems like more than 10 days this month. Anyway...

Peyton decided to play this new game - like she was a game show host. She would ask a question such as, "what's your favorite color?" or "who is your favorite cousin?" (I had trouble with the second one).

When it was my turn to ask the questions, I asked, "what is your favorite movie?" Peyton's answer? "Black Boy Don't Have a Home." Paige had to translate. The answer? Blindside. Think about it.


Well, as politically incorrect as that may be, at least it is tbetter than Paige's random word of the day. At the table while we were eating, she randomly says, "lesbian." HUH? "Lesbian. I just wanted to say that word."

Later, I gently told her she probably didn't want to randomly just say that word in public with a very basic explanation of what she was saying.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and my friend's little sister decided to host a talk show and interview Nell Carter. It went downhill in a hurry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids say that darndest things! Hey, I have an award for you on my blog! I'm looking at your followers, see myself, but it has the "follow" button about your box. Very strange! I've been seeing some weird things at the blogs I'm already following. Anyhow, being random here. You can check out your award at http://wovenbywords dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete