Monday, February 15, 2010

Yes, I am a quitter

I've admittedly censored myself over the past month, seeing as I've not made any blog entries here. You few and faithful followers will be privileged to get my explanation of why I backed out of the play I was cast in two days after the cast was announced.
  • I never should have tried out to being with - and wouldn't have if I hadn't already told the director that the earlier proposed performance dates would have been better for me.
  • I only tried out because I didn't think I would get in anyway.
  • I was already having trouble sleeping, and reading part of the script certainly didn't help a case of insomnia I had the night I found out I was in the play.
  • I really couldn't have delivered some of the lines in front of family and people from church. How did I get the potty mouth part?
  • I'm not sure the play as a whole would have been a real comfortable experience for me though I do want to see it because I think it would be funny.
  • The thought of being locked in to a rehearsal schedule given how little time I have for myself after work freaked me out.
  • With my stress level at work, I didn't think I would handle any more.
  • In addition to insomnia, I sort of had an anxiety/panic episode last week with all I had on my mind.

I feel better after asking to get out of the play. Given the right circumstances, I think it would be fun, but I just wasn't in the state of mind to handle it. Like many other things I've contemplated over the past year. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for quitting. I would have gotten the potty mouth part too! I just know it.

    ReplyDelete