Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not what I was expecting

So, I went for an attitude adjustment today. The topic as designated by my last trip up there was to talk about being single. I was supposed to journal over the past four weeks about being single. Seriously? Do I have to? I was kind of wondering where an hour of talking about that would take me. Jenny and I had talked about me having to talk about it and weren't hot on the topic.

Yeah and I'm becoming sort of rebellious about journaling. I don't want to, and I don't have to!

In explaining why, it came down to this, "there's not much to say about it." I'm single. That's it. For the most part.

"What am I supposed to say about it?"

"Well, last time, what you said was..."

"Actually, what I meant by that was..., not actually that I felt bad about myself BECAUSE I was single."

"OK, so let's talk about that. You feeling bad about yourself."

Aye carumba!

"What am I supposed to say about that?"

Well, evidently, I was in the driver's seat, and the road was about as winding and directionless as our drive through Custer State Park and on to Mt. Rushmore last May. Yet, it was not directionless. I ended up tying everything together and coming to a conclusion. I'm pretty sure my poor attitude adjuster was a bit motion sick by the end of the journey.

What all of what I talked about for the hour came down to this... respect. And that's where I leave you tonight. Ponder and try to connect the dots. I'll be back in a day or two to explain. I'm sleepy and going to bed right now.

1 comment:

  1. So, are you going to come back and explain the respect thing?

    I like counselling, it is fun what you can find out.

    ReplyDelete