Sunday, May 20, 2012

Someone is in need of a reality check

I think I have talked this certain someone before. Back when the "big news" came down that I was out of a job, things were definitely tense at the office for those 2 and a half weeks. The only person remaining without a "VP" in front of her title wanted to be chummy, but I was not in the mood at that time.

She knew things were "going to be different". I think she was clued into this by the fact that she may have known that I was going to be unemployed before I did.

The fact that I really wasn't friends with her to begin with nor would we be friends had we not worked together weighed in on not wanting to go to lunch with her then.

The fact that I didn't want to know what was going to be going on once I left was a part of not wanting to go out to lunch with her then.

The fact that I didn't want to go to lunch with the VP that I knew for 10 years as a sign of appreciation might also make the fact that I didn't want to go to lunch with her not surprising.

Add to that the fact that I have ignored a couple of texts she has sent me telling me that she sure misses our lunches at OMI.

Also add to that the fact that somewhere along the way, I un-friended her along with everyone else that works there on Facebook for my own mental well-being.

This collaboration of facts evidently hasn't gotten the message that I'm not interested in giving her a black olive on Wednesdays. (Which reminds me that we used to always check to make sure it wasn't a roach when I was young.) She keeps bringing up that she misses me giving her my black olive off my cheese enchiladas.

So, to the point of today's rant. I remained friends with a mutual friend on Facebook. A former author who also is a radio host. While the guy may be one of the most bizarre people I've worked with, I have lots of business connections on Facebook which saved my when switching jobs and being able to connect to media.

A few days ago (I can't even remember what the post was), I made a comment on something he posted. Something my former co-worker also posted on. She saw that I also commented, and I got this direct message.


Trying to figre out how in the heck I got nixed over ***** ***********!? lol 
Hope you are doing well!! I miss our Wednesday trip to OMI and your generous olive donation. 



I really don't think she understands that space is a good thing in this situation. I want to cut off ties. I'm thankful to be away from that situation.

For Pete's sake, on Friday, I drove to the post office which is across the street from the former office, bought stamps, and mailed my Cobra insurance check rather than walk into the building and possibly having interaction with anyone, even if it was someone just driving up and parking.

I never mail anything, but bought stamps to get me through mailing my check for the coming months until the insurance runs out or I make other arrangements. I bummed stamps off of my mom and Jenny before that.

This sort of reminds me of when I was semi-stalking a guy once. Does she really expect me to respond back to the message?

And this really does have a lot in common with "Rebekah" and the messages from Timmy the Fly, don't you think?

Both could use the reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment