I think I'm going to have to start posting here again like I do from time to time. But, not for the same reasons. I'm going to be a little more careful about what I post on my blog as far as personal commentary.
A couple of weeks ago, I gave out my YouTube user name so that the kids and class could find the videos I've been posting. So, the boys have found my channel and been watching. I don't normally say or write or post videos of anything I care about anyone seeing.
Except I forgot about my "What not to buy at Dollar Tree" video where I discuss who buys pregnancy tests at Dollar Tree. They didn't completely get that video, especially the part about buying one for the false positive. Anyway.
This morning I found out that they made the jump to knowing what my blog address was. I'm pretty sure that's also shown on my YouTube account. They'll be past it in a couple of months when they move to the next class and we're not doing videos every week.
I have a funny story today that I might have normally posted on Seriously? that I don't want to field questions about, so I'll post here with more details.
This morning after the final AMEN, my dad asked if I went to the movies yesterday.
"Yes."
"What did you see?"
"A movie not worth discussing."
"Well, your mother wants to go and I told her I would take her if you didn't go with her."
Mom asked, "what did you see?"
Church service had ended and I didn't want to go forward with my admission at church. I shrugged it off.
Mom says, "oh you went to that nasty movie. I want to go see People Like Us."
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. For some reason, I thought Magic Mike would have more comedy to it. Don't ask me why I thought that. I can honestly say it was the only movie I've ever been to where a good number of people (right in front of me, in fact, with their beer bottles rattling) were drunk. Of course, until Cinergy came to Corsicana, I don't know that I had ever been to a movie theater that sold alcohol, but in this town, we're all class.
I've been reading a book where the main character talks about his son taking back his man card. It's come up several times which is why this line comes to mind... You all may take away my straight woman card, but I honestly saw way more of Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey that I needed. And I don't know that I really thought I'd ever say that. I don't go the other way because goodness knows I didn't need the women in that movie either.
I couldn't even stomach watching the end of Dear John while getting dressed this morning. I'd had my fill of Channing.
I really wish I hadn't gone in fact. In fact, I think part of me was hesitant before.
Anyway, back to today. And the part that I would have blogged about on the other blog.
My mom and I got out to the movie theater, and a woman from church was waiting for my mom's aunt to come, along with another friend. The first woman got tired of waiting since the movie was about to start and came on into the same theater we were in. She sat right behind us. When the other two women came (including my mom's aunt), they didn't see us.
At the end of People Like Us, my mom had tears. I knew if my mom had tears, my aunt that cries at everything would have had to be bawling. As soon as the credits started, I said, "Is Ellene back there crying?" Yeah, sure enough.
Anyway, all five of us exited together. A woman that knew my mom and at least some of the rest of us said, "what did you see?"
Yeah, don't go to the movies right now unless you want to be questioned for being guilty of watching a stripper movie.
My mom answers, "People Like Us."
Not realizing we all came out of the same theater, she asked one of the others to which my answered the same thing.
The woman answered, "I thought maybe you were seeing Magic Mike."
My aunt who may be one of the prudish people I've ever met, "What Mike? What's that?"
I just hooted, "yeah, could you imagine her going to see that?"
Mom says, "don't tell her." As in what it is, not about seeing it.
I don't know if anyone every tried to explain other than they had seen some previews of it. I think they were all trying to play it like they didn't know what it was. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. I don't know.
I've seen people boldly post about Magic Mike on Facebook. As in people that I'm really surprised to comment about going. I admit to liking a few statuses or pictures, but absolutely laid low on commenting. This may be the only way 50 Shades of Grey falls off of everyone's obsession list. Having heard the basis of the story, I really can't understand why so many people are on the bandwagon there. It's not like, "I read Playboy for the articles." I've heard the writing is horrendous.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I may well end up being the prude old lady when I grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment