This is not going to turn into a blog entry about a book, but I do have to share a quote from the current book I am reading:
"Your mama was so good about visiting. She sent cards and letters all the time. But you know what they say: 'A daughter's a daughter all of her life, but a son's a son till he takes a wife.'"
That's pretty true. Though I do believe it's true as the choice of a daughter, as in the context of the book, but I think parents certainly encourage it. At least in my case.
On another side that's not parentally encouraged, it also has a lot to do with a conversation my mom and I had earlier. It was not about me though - it was about my brother and his wife and their attitudes. The biggest shame is that because of his attitude and choices, it's made it hard for others to happily look forward to the holidays (and it's not just me).
Not to wish misery on anyone, but I find it at least some consolation that my mom sees the point that I tried get across to her last year about some people dictating things for the whole family and that not being right. She threw it back at me at the time, but she now realizes where I was coming from.
OK, enough of my random ramblings and vents. I'm done for the day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment