Thursday, January 7, 2010

My new biggest pet peeve

I do have a rant tonight. It's been a rant on my personal behalf for a while, and now I'm even defending my brother, if you believe that.

I just want to know if anyone else agrees. I believe that one day out of the year is your day. Your choices. You being the center of attention. The other 364 - 365 during a leap year - are not yours, but your birthday is.

My birthday is normally not my own. I thought I was being petty and childish by thinking so, but I think not now.

My brother's 30th birthday is Sunday. His wife, Julie, asks Mom today if they should do something since it is his 30th. Mom's like "DUH!", but she was waiting for Julie to say something since, well, long story.

So, they are talking cakes. Mom says that Brian's favorite is German chocolate (always has been). Julie says, "I know, but I don't like it."

Who cares? It's not my favorite, but it's not my birthday. Mom says she can make a coconut pie since he also likes that, but that was a no too. Julie said she would take care of getting the cake.

I think it's the principle of the matter. It's his birthday. I wonder if I will start WWIII if I go pick-up a German chocolate cake. He likes ice cream with his cake. His favorite ice cream is Rocky Road. You wouldn't normally eat that with cake, but at least it would be one of his favorites. I wouldn't dare eat it (marshmallows for one thing), but it's the principle of the matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment